Wednesday 13 July 2016

Things not to say on a date - no idea why i'm sharing this...

I recently started dating again, after a few years of being single. And, it wasn't for lack of trying nor was it that I'm labelled 'reject' and been left on the shelf. No, it was more to do with the fact that as we get older we get nervous, worried about all the things that didn't matter when we were teenagers. Meeting people seems to be harder as we get older, now i'm only 31...but still it's harder. So anyway i joined Match.com - and wow it's expensive. But I have met many walks of life through it. Sometimes i think people join just to talk to someone, which i'm more than happy to do.
Being single doesn't suck that badly, if anything i'm so used to my own company that i have developed a masculine side. I can plaster, paint - laid a concrete base and laid a patio, flat-packs i love to hate...The list is endless, but does that emasculate men to make me less appealing? I was so used to being single I actually down-graded my bed to a small double lol. After making new friends on these sites, some who will never shake me because i'm annoying like The Flu, I (and a few coerced friends) joined Plenty of Fish. I deleted it after about two hours. What are people thinking when they type things out? Trust me, crude innuendo (and i know my innuendo) isn't a great chat up line.

Maybe forcing things, romance, isn't the way to go. It's like London Bus Syndrome - When you want one, there's none to be seen, and then when you don't want one they all come at once.
Meh, it's all so hard...kissing a new person, worrying about them seeing all your lumps and bumps with the lights on...do they snore? Will i sleep with my mouth open and dribble? How and why do we put ourselves through this?

My friend, married for years, said, "I don't think i could do it." I agree with her, I don't think i can do this. For a fact, my brain and my mouth have a very different Idea of what is acceptable to say.

Things not to say on a date: And yes I've said them! All of them!
"I was told Ikea made Kia cars."
"I'd love to go to the country Australasia for holiday."
"Once i was so drunk, i was sick and i blew off at the same, didn't realise my BF was behind my bum." - Multitasking or what!?!
"Sorry i keep playing with my hair, i'm trying to be lady-like."

Lol, I'm not embarrassed by the things I've done. Nor do i regret them. Sure I do regret telling people those things across a dinner table. That moment when they realise 'What the hell have i agreed to?'

Maybe I need to go on a How-to-date course or something. The problem is I can be very open. Too open. (Not that open, tut-tut).
Oh i don't know, I just hope there are others out there who have said or done similarly embarrassing things so i don't feel like the only one. Then again being unique maybe isn't all that bad?

Sorry for rambling ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment